Description of Recipe:-
SOFT PRETZEL DOUGH PREPARATION
1. Empty and mix together the contents of the bag labelled dough mix and the yeast packet into a large and deep bowl or the work bowl of your stand mixer.
2. Measure 237ml (231g or 8.2oz or 1 US cup) of hand hot tap water into the contents of the bowl.
3. Use a wooden spoon or your hand to combine until dough starts to form.
To Make the Dough by Stand/Hand Mixer:
4. Then with mixer fitted with dough hook, mix on low until a fairly slack, tacky, soft and smooth dough is formed. The dough will pull away from the sides of the bowl. (About 8 minutes). Go to (5) Post Kneading below
Or To Make the Dough by Hand:
4. Turn dough onto a clean surface and knead for about 15 minutes until a fairly slack, tacky, soft and smooth dough is formed. You should not need to add any more flour to either the surface or your hands. Go to (5) Post Kneading below
5. Very lightly grease a clean bowl with oil (e.g. vegetable oil, sunflower oil etc.) and place dough in the bowl.
6. Cover with a damp tea towel or lightly greased cling film and leave to rest in a warm, draft-free place for 15 minutes.